Wednesday, April 1, 2009

2nd Wellness Checkup

Jenna went to her 4 month wellness check up today. She now weighs 11 lbs 10 oz; her head measures 40 cm in circumference and she’s now 23 inches long. Her weight and height are in the 10th percentile and the circumference of her head is in the 40th percentile. I honestly thought between Jason’s tall stature and my voluptuous curves, we would have a tall and chubby baby. I call her my sexy little thing.

Since this was a new doctor we were seeing, I didn’t think we were going to go right in to her 2nd set of vaccinations. The first time Jenna had shots back in February (oh so long ago), she was so good. Dad held her as I distracted her with my “I love you”. She had a surprised look in her face right after she got poked by the needle, she gave us one big cry, then she was back to normal as if nothing ever happened. The 2nd set of shots today did not go as well. The nurse gave her 5 shots!!! She got on both arms, one on the left leg and two shots on the right. Again, dad held her as I was distracting her. As soon as the first needle pierced through her left arm, she had a worried look on her face, she turned beat red, her smile turned upside down, her head started shaking left to right, everything turned sour; she cried the rest of the time. Somehow I managed to calm her down after the nurse left the room. She did not have adverse effects to the vaccinations (phew). I gave her a lot of love today. Doctor says Jenna is healthy and growing normally. Dr. Al suggested that we observe Jenna’s behavior on how she sees food. Apparently babies around her age may be ready for something more than just milk. I’m not sure mom and dad are ready for that yet.

1 comment:

jujubunny77 said...

aw. poor thing. i hate getting shots, till this day. she is blessed to be SO VERY LOVED. =) i am sure the million "i love you's" from mommy made everything better, too: it ALWAYS does. <3